God, where to even begin!?
M got his dream job and is moving to Denver. And I’m joining him! He starts work on Monday and I’m following him in a couple of months, once I give notice and pay to break my lease, find new doctors, get records transfered, get rid of as much stuff as I can, sell/give away my car, figure out how to travel cross-country with cats... The whole thing is insane and exciting and terrifying and amazing. So fucking amazing!
I’m sad to leave my friends and I’m really not great at making new ones so that does make me a bit nervous. But I will be closer to my west coast friends! Moving to Alabama was the best decision I ever made so to pick up again and leave is making me nervous. BUT. Because moving cross country to live somewhere I’d never been, with someone I’d never met, did up being the exact right thing to do…that makes me less afraid because, hi, that could totally be the case again! In fact, I know it will be.
We just got back from Colorado last night. We found a place and signed a lease while we were there. The complex has heated pools, hot tubs, a gym, trash “valet”, washer and dryer in each unit… Since we’ll be combined on utilities, I’ll be paying the same for living expenses as I do now. And he’ll be just a few minutes from work I think we’re going to be so happy there. The goal is to get as much of my stuff as possible into his trailer before he leaves this weekend, purge everything I can, mail more of my stuff once he’s settled, and then be able to fit me, him, the cats, and everything left into a rental car to take to Colorado in April. We can always rent a Uhaul, if need be, so I’m not stressing.
I’d never been to Colorado before so that was exciting! It’s so beautiful there. Cold as a motherfucker but beautiful.
I’m excited. So so so excited. This year is going to be incredible.
We were on the road for over a week and I took, like, six pictures. I have no idea what the hell’s up with that. In two months when I do the drive again, A MILLION PICTURES WILL BE TAKEN, DAMN IT!
Moments of Mention
* Meeting a bunch of his family. They seem to like me!
* Losing my purse somewhere in Texas. Including credit cards, driver’s license, and social security card. Oh, and my camera. This is going to be such a pain in the ass to try to replace my license and SS card while having neither one.
* Finally reading Charles Dickens.
* Accidentally staying in a motel used exclusively by sex workers while in St Louis. “Well, I’m glad they have somewhere safe and clean to go!”
* Realizing that this is real. Like, for real real. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.